Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 2 - Project Animal Hearts

Good morning! Today is day (2) of showing you the samples I've been making for my "Project Animal Hearts" - making cards to benefit animal shelters and humane societies. My goal with these cards is not to reinvent the wheel or come up with a new technique, it is to create a large number of cute cards in a small amount of time. So I kept my layouts simple. I created a bunch of thank-you cards, meant to be given to an animal caretaker or friend...you know, the ones that let your dog out when you can't get home in time, or take your pet for the weekend when you're out of town?

These little barky yorkie cards were created with a stamp set from Raisinboat called "A dog's Life" - one of my favorite sets for making shelter cards with, because the other dog in the set (the one in bed) is PERFECT for pet sympathy cards. I'll show you sympathy samples tomorrow.

The patterned paper here is by Heidi Grace....I bought it at Michaels 2 weeks ago on CLEARANCE for .29 per sheet! I bought a ton of sheets because it was so cheap, and the opposite side of the paper is that green plaid, that mimics GRASS! QUICK! EASY! CHEAP!

The inside of the card has more "BARKING" and then a sentiment that says "THANK YOU, YOU'RE THE BEST".

I invite you to CASE any and/or ALL of my cards for this project - if you want to participate, please take whatever inspiration you need in any form. The goal here is to USE UP paper, create something from nothing and help raise money for shelter animals.

Tomorrow: Animal Sympathy

5 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

I think your idea for giving your cards for a cause....is fabulous. That is why I love your heart...it is always giving...Love you Zapstar!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are the best! Sweet cards and even sweeter you.

dr.fine

Cris Z. said...

This is such a great thing you're doing, it's an inspiration to the rest of us who are pet lovers.

Rubber Stamps said...

nice post thanks for sharing all these...........

Rubber Stamps said...

nice post thanks for sharing all these...........