Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 6 - Project Animal Hearts


These are my favorite cards from my most recent shelter batch. I used 2 of the dogs from Raisinboat's "Puppy Love" stamp set, and the heart from "Paws to Remember". These took a little more putzing, as I masked the heart off so that the dogs could be centered in the heart. I had fun doing them, so I really didn't mind the putziness so much.

I used up more old scraps of paper. I swear, I don't know how I ended up with this much paper! When I crank out multiple cards, I do the cards in stages - first I design the card in full. Then I pull out old scraps that match and add all the patterned paper backgrounds to the card. You'll notice I ran out of some of the paper, so I substituted green plaid, or brown polka dots. They are all the same, but a bit "different" because the patterned paper is different. Then I make all of the center images at once. Finally, I attach the main image to the cardstock and add the final embellishments.

I decided that since I dropped a batch of cards this week, I'd add valentines to the mix. I was careful not to stamp them with "valentines day" sentiments, so if they don't sell the cards in the next 2 weeks, they can be used for love cards anytime. So the center of the card just reads "I adore you".





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful heart you have, Lisa! This project shows what a wonderful spirit and loving person you are. Keep up the good works and may you inspire us all!
Hugs,
dr.fine

Debby/Darthy said...

Zappy they are so cute. Puppies, now that's my cup of tea.