Friday, February 20, 2009

Earth Laughs in Flowers


Tonite I have another Anna Wight for Whippersnapper new release card! This card combines the new Wildflower Silhouette stamp set with an older set of Anna's called "Blossoms and Butterflies". I immediately noticed that Anna has a preference for these cool Mexican Hat flowers, since she has a silhouette in her new set PLUS a cartooney image in her older set. I had to go online and check out the flower, since they are not native to MN. You can see a real Mexican hat flower HERE. Looks like they grow in different colors, orange and black or yellow and orange! ANYWAY, I wanted to use the silhouette stamp in my background, for a soft 'shadow' type image, and then use the clearer, cartooney flower for the focal point of my main image. I used a hero arts distress block to stamp the background with a rock & roll technique, and then used used the 'Expressionistic watercolor technique" to stamp my flower shadows. Basically, I colored the solid mexican hat stamp in with a rust and yellow marker, then spritzed water directly onto the rubber to make the color 'bleed' a bit, then stamped. Then I cut out and colored the cartooney mexican hat and popped it up on dimensionals for the foreground. Sentiment is from Whipper's
"Blooming Expressions" set
. The whole thing is "Glimmer Misted" in Tattered Angels "Pearl" color.

1 comment:

Pam said...

This is GORGEOUS Miss Z! I love that flower set of Anna's and you really WOWed it my friend!!