Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things that make you go OOOOOH!

Okay, I'm not gonna lie. Today didn't start out so hot. I got to work today and while reading my emails was startled by a LARGE 2 inch cockroach staring down at me from my cubicle wall. After the first one was disposed of, I screamed like a girl after moving some papers and discovering his brother. Just so you know, I eat lunch at home, so it was NOT my fault, I do not have food at or in my desk! So today I had a parade of people stopping by my cube asking about my new pets. But I had a GREAT lunch hour! I LOVE the start of junking season! I hit a cool estate sale and scored some great treasures for my almost RED kitchen! I found this MINT stepstool for $12.50 and it is EXACTLY like the one I remember from my Grammie's kitchen (hers was yellow)! There is not a DING on this thing!
I couldn't resist these sweet little stripey pot-holders, which were never used! I may want to hang them up somewhere and not use them because the lacey crocheted edges are just the sweetest. I also scored a bag of interesting kitschy buttons (also some are mother of pearl).



I also picked up a bag of broken junk costume jewelry on the cheap. These will find their way onto my cards for one-of-a-kind embellishments!


Look at these sweet red floral buttons. I'm hoping I can find some fun fabric and have my Mom make some pillows for me with these buttons in the center. I walked away after paying $15.50 for the whole adventure! YIPPIE! It was a good JUNKIN day, in SPITE of the cockroach meeting at 8am! Hope you have a bug-free Thursday!

L.


9 comments:

Marcy said...

Yay for the start of junking season! I love it too! I'm really lucky 'cause my dad's an antique dealer, so even when I can't get out to look, he's always on the hunt for the things I like. Wonderful guy, huh? My grandmother had that exact same kitchen stool in red too! Since I was the youngest, that was my designated seat at family meals.

Congrats on your great finds (well, except the cockroaches)!

Unknown said...

OMG! Maybe those were little bug angels?! You really scored! How did you find these on your lunch hour??? I'm so jealous:) I grew up with a white stool exactly like that. I have to hit my mother when I see her for getting rid of it! She also kept it in the corner of the dinette and stored the daily newspaper on top of it until garbage day (we didn't recycle back in the day:)

Anonymous said...

You came away with a great haul! Love the stool...we had one too! All your finds are wonderful!!

Lana said...

I'm so happy your place of employment allows for pets in the cubicle! I really thought you were kidding at first! Honestly, just take that air can after them! Happy Thursday, my friend! You had me snickering for a long time last night!

Debbie said...

WOW! You go girl! That stool was an AWESOME find! I like the other stuff too....but that stool.....
HOORAY for you!

May you have a bug free day...

Heather Gates said...

What great finds! You are gonna have so much fun decorating!

Anonymous said...

Too funny... when you blogged that your kitchen would be red...I thought of my grannys red stool just like that one , her red and white enamel table, chairs and hutch with the built in flour bin.I learned to cook sitting on that stool.Seeing that pic brings back a lot of memories. Can't wait to see your kitchen! And I hope your critters are gone....ACK!
Marie H.

Lori Craig said...

Oh...I am jealous. I wish I would make more time for stuff like that. The stool is a major score, though I love the little pot holders, too. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see you in July. Hugs!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Wow! Great finds there, girlie! I need to do some junking myself this season! We used to do a lot of antiquing in the early days of our marriage, and we both miss it.

Yuck-O on the cockroaches! What a yucky way to start the day! Hope they got rid of the problem!

Hugs to you!