Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Valentine Greetings

Hi guys! I really am still here, even though I haven't been posting! Trust me, when I start getting the posting going again, you're going to be SO sick of me! I've been stamping up a storm and just finally got everything photographed, so I can start putting blog posts up. I finished a bunch of design work last weekend for Crafty Secrets, and started making my Valentine cards so that I'm done in time to mail them out!





I hit the after xmas clearance sales at Michaels last week and ended up getting this cute set by Inkadinkado, called Animal Hearts. All of these valentines were done with the set; there are SO many cute images to play with in here!


I started by choosing some Anna Griffin bright paisley paper, and then paired it up with some fun My Minds Eye pink polka dots. After I had chosen my paper, I pulled the colors from the papers into my images, to make sure they coordinate perfectly.

The fun thing that runs throughout my Valentines this year, are these candy-coated little "Luv Ya" hearts, that I embossed with Versamark and red embossing powder. I love the shiny texture that it gives to the cards. I also went crazy with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Trim punch that I splurged on for 50 percent off. I love that it looks just like vintage lace, but is FLAT and doesn't give bulk to the cards!

I'm always inspired by vintage valentines, and usually when I pull out my collection, it gets my mojo going. I'll be posting some of my vintage valentines thoughout this month, so you can see what inspires me.
Here are some closeups of my valentines if you want a better look. It's not too early to start spreading some love!

Talk to you soon!

L.





3 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Bring on the love, baby!! I love it when you design cards and these are just a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e!! Hugs, Bevie

Joy said...

YAY!!!!! LZ, so glad you are stampin' again babe! woohoooooo! lovin' it!

Rose said...

Oh my gosh, your cards are so stinkin' cute. I too bought these at half off at Michael's and tossed them into a drawer and totally forgot about them until I saw your fabulous cards. I just ran to the stamp room to retrieve them from a cold, dark drawer and will give them the proper attention they deserve. You have inspired me to stamp the day away. Your cards are fabulous.