Thursday, January 31, 2008

Congratulations!


One last sample tonite & then I'm signing off until Sunday & will have lots more for you then. I have a million E.P. cupcake cards, a few more Cherish samples and a flying Moose to show you next week!

This sweet bird image from the brand new Crafty Secrets "Cherish" set was VERY easy to color. I used a Hero Arts distress background & then stamped the images over the top of it. The birds and ribbons are colored in using Copic Markers. The pastel floral paper is from Crafty's Pastel Paper pad.
If you check out the card to the left, you'll see some unique ribbon that I used on these cards. I scored some old gift packaging ribbon from my Mom at Christmas...she got a big cool box of it from my cousin Jessie & her hubby Dustin. They got a huge box of it off of Ebay, and gave it out to all the relatives. I immediately knew I needed some for my cardmaking, so I nabbed a few rolls from my Mom (with her permission, of course).


Check out the fun colors... I'm seeing SU Mint Melody, Caribbean blue, Pretty in Pink, Yo Yo Yellow, Lavender Lace!

This card was an experiment to see if I could use the bird image to create a floral oval around the sentiment. It's slightly off, but I think it worked okay.
Hope you all have a safe & happy weekend.
L.

5 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Yummy just yummy cards to look at!

Anonymous said...

These are really pretty! I like how you placed the bird border around the sentiment.

Michele Kovack said...

Have a great time with the girls this weekend! I love these cards!

DeniseLynn said...

Delish! I love all the cards you've made with this incredible new set. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Stampindamour said...

Oh, I just love it! So Shabby!

-pamela