Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I must be on a bug kick.

This weekend, online friend Bevie Pearl issued a "speedstamping" challenge for a group of friends to replenish our card stashes! The challenge was to stamp quickly and get stuff done! I bumped the challenge up a notch and challenged each person to make at least 5 cards with 5 different simple layouts that I chose, for a total of 25 cards in 3 days. This layout was based on a card done by Carol Halvorson HERE. I chose cards that had minimal layers...although I love the look of cards that have tons of layering on them, for mass production it helps to use less layers so that you can quickly crank them out. I've loved these Papertrey ladybugs since I first got them in my hands. They make for QUICK cards! Stamp stamp, patterned paper, DONE! The patterned paper is by Cosmo Cricket, Jitterbug collection. I love that the flowers from this paper match the flowers in the Papertrey Little Lady set PERFECTLY! The patterned flowers are by Making Memories, "Chelsea's Place" patterns.

You can check out more speedstamping challenge cards on Lana Lepinski's blog & Kookie Kopp's, also!

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Weren't you supposed to make something with an alchoholic beverage? LOL! You are the queen of speed stamping! You need to give me some lessons!!! LOVE These!

Bevie Pearl said...

You are the Queen of Speed Stamping!! Love your ladybugs!!

Alhambra Club said...

These cards are fantastic, they are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is infested! LOL! Good thing these ladybugs are here, as they'll take care of any pests. These cards are very cute, what a great idea to do speed stamping.

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards. I love the blue flower with the contrasting red brad!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

You are amazing, LZ!! The ladybugs are too cute!