Tuesday, May 19, 2009

K & Co. Shabby Butterfly

Morning, everyone!

I thought I'd pop on and do a quick post this morning with a shabby butterfly card I made at the cabin a few weekends ago. I bought a new K & Co shabby paper pack at Michael's and the chipboard butterfly accents that matched it. I wanted to try to use some of the cool junk jewelry that I found at an estate sale.




I don't know if you can see it well or not, but I had some little round blingy spacers from a broken necklace, so I ruffled some velvet ribbon and slipped the spacer into the middle of the ribbon for a fun, blingy bow. I also added rhinestones to the butterfly to match my spacer. The cool framed accent behind the butterfly is stamped on a piece of patterned paper with green Tim Holtz ink. The frame stamp is from a Tim Holtz collage set.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool! How is that red kitchen coming along?

Pam said...

Ohhhhh, love the bling Zappy!!
Beautiful card!

Jessica said...

Looovve this card, Lisa! I had to buy a bunch of the Madeline stuff, too; it's so gorgeous! Your blingy accents are perfect.

Anonymous said...

wow, this card looks so nice and beautiful!

best wishes from Berlin/Germany =)

Julie Campbell said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Lisa! Well worth the trouble & waiting! I have a red dining room which I adore--always wanted one! Makes me so happy when I'm in there!