Thursday, June 19, 2008

Grandma Zappa

This is a photo I scored from my parents & made copies of...it's my Grandma Zappa when she was about 16 years old. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how old this photo is, and her outfit and the cool hat & table cloth that she's posing with. I love how elegant my grandma looked...she died when I was very young, but I do remember her always wanting to FEED me and she was always happy to see me!

I decided to make this into a wall hanging because the size and shape of the photo fit this Crafty Secrets Sweet Chips Rectangle Chipboard Album perfectly. I used a brocade patterned paper from Crafty's "Classic" Paper pad for the background paper, and then cut out the beautiful rose image from Crafty's new "Summertime" Image and Journal booklet and attached it to the top of the image.




8 comments:

Kelly L said...

Oh, this is beautiful, Lisa! What a terrific picture and treasured memory! Love the colors, the 3D flowers, everything about it!! :D Kel

Anonymous said...

She looks so petite and elegant! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. What a wonderful picture.
Ree

Anonymous said...

Beautiful job, Lisa! Great picture too!

MichelleY said...

Oh Lisa....this is SO COOL....and such a place of honor for your grandmother's picture. She looks to be as tiny as you! Ü

Stefanie Staniak said...

What a beautiful way to honor your Grandma. I'm sure it will have a special spot on your wall and forever in your heart !! :)

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!! Sending my love and hugs - Ellen

Anonymous said...

Whoa, LZ!
This is wonderful!
Tex