Sunday, June 29, 2008

Inspiration Challenge

I've been feeling a little "out of sorts" lately with my stamping. As in I haven't really liked anything I've done for the last month or so. So yesterday I sat down and decided to do Saturday's inspiration challenge over at Splitcoast HERE. The inspiration for the colors on these cards was from this Garnet Hill Quilt. I finally I feel like I'm back in the groove again. The 2 papers I used here are very different lines...the maroon polka dotted paper is from Daisy D's "Maybe Baby" valentine collection, and the floral papers are from a Making Memorie's "Chelsea's place" paper pack.
Stamp is by Anna Wight for Whippersnapper, called "Flowerpot Snail". Friend Lana Lepinski stamped off a bunch of images for me to play with!
I used my Stampin Up corner punch to punch gingham corners and sew them onto the snail image.
Sentiments by Papertrey from their "Little Lady" stamp set.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great take on the inspiration challenge...very cute cards.

Carol (HB) said...

SHUT UP! These are SO CUTE!!! I think your mojo was just sitting in the corner waiting to come out! And, he is DEFINETLY out now!!!

Dottie K. said...

These are just so adorable. Love the papers you used and you have your mojo that's for sure. I really love these. TFS :)

Lana said...

I'm so glad that girl, Lana Lepinski, stamped some of these babies off for you! Love these LZ! I think you are nuts for not liking any of your work for the past month! Maybe you should open up your eyes when you look at them! Ha ha!

CreativeMish said...

These are great cards! I love the color combo! Very nice!

Anonymous said...

YOU...Not in the GROOVE??? Dang chickie....you can't get any "groovyer" !!!... Someday I hope to be half as good as you.
Keep up the good work...and Thanks for all you do.
Marie H.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

ADORABLE!! =)

Michele Kovack said...

I love your cards.....always!!! I love these....they are so cute! They just make me smile!

MichelleY said...

It's official....the mojo draught is over and creativity is flowing again....although I TOTALLY disagree with your assessment of the projects done this past month. I thought they were WONDERFUL!!!

As for these sweet cards...I LOVE THEM...LOVE the stitching on the corner punches and along the side of the image. The mixing and matching of the paper is FANTASTIC too. Keep 'em coming, LZ!

Jane said...

These are SO cute! Love the image and the colors you used.

Jane

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

True LZ style, baby! AWESOME - I have this stamp and now need to study your work and go from there! :)