Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crank 'Em Out Unity Birds

I could hardly wait for cardmaking to turn to spring and summer themes, because I bought the cutest little Unity "Birds of a Feather" stamp set last winter. Finally I am cranking out flowery cards with these sweet little birdies!

This weekend I came up with this layout because I only had 1 sheet each of this Basic Grey "Bittersweet" Hand Dipped & "Praline" paper. I was on a mission to see how many cards I could get off of 2 sheets of patterned paper! I reversed my scallop circles on this one to give a different look for the focal point image. I sort of like the scallop on the white paper for a change, instead of always using it for the mat!

I pulled out my FAVORITE circle sentiment set from Papertrey/Pinefeather Press (Around & About Sentiments), and then used it to stamp thank you, happy birthday and get-well soon! So now I have all-occasion cards, from the same batch of bird cards! I also used Pine's "Beyond Basic Borders" to stamp a faint pink vine in the background going down the edge of the paper.

I cranked out close to 16 of these cards with 2 sheets of 12 x 12 patterned paper! Man, I'm a thrifty girl, eh?

Happy Sunday!
L.

4 comments:

Linda B said...

Yes you are, and they are gorgeous!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your blog header and love all your cards! The bird is perfect for spring. We are in a blizzard warning later today, so no spring weather here!

I also love the vintage frame holder you used to photo your cards with.

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who discuss about
many
home based business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home based business

Anonymous said...

Hello all


Mansour Engineering always considers adding high performance features in large capital projects that maximize operational energy savings; improve comfort, health, and safety of occupants and visitors; and limit detrimental effects on the environment.

[url=http://www.mansour.ca] click here to go to Mansour Engineering[/url]


http://www.mansour.ca