Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just helping the economy.

I've been so GOOD lately. I know the economy is in rough shape and my 401K is in the toilet. I've cut back unnecessary purchases, put money in savings, eaten lunch at home every day and skipped the girls trip to Puerto Vallarta. And this weekend I fell off the wagon; foiled by the Citrus Stack by Die Cuts with a View. I couldn't help it; we were in JoAnn Fabric and it was a girls stamping weekend, and all the paper pads were 50 percent off! You can't blame me, right? I guess I just needed something fun and bright to cheer me up. I fell in complete love with these bright, glitterfied papers!
I came home and paired the papers up with the new "Just Bugz" spring set by Our Craft Lounge. I stamped off a bunch of flowers on different patterned papers from the paper pad, and cut them out for little embellishments for my cards. The paper is glittery, so I took the opportunity to bling up the flower centers with orange rhinestones, lest they be left out of the glitter celebration! I used Pinefeather Press's (Papertrey) Around and About sentiments to circle the bee and ran a Happy Birthday sentiment across the bottom.

So my 401K is still tanking and Puerto Vallarta is a distant memory, but at least it's sunny in my stamp room!

Happy Tuesday!

L.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I totally understand about your 401K...I'm afraid to even look at mine! Retired in August and now have zip to look forward to! Oh well...you've been doing good, so a little spurge wasn't bad. It is cute paper and so bright and sunny!

Michele Kovack said...

Can't blame a girl for falling off the wagon every now and then! Plus the cards are pretty dang cute!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! Love those bright and cheery papers and that fun stamp set! Hey...it wasn't a big splurge. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! :-)

Heather Gates said...

Love these yummy paper colors! Way to save 50%! Just think of all the $$$ you saved by purchasing papers that already have bling/glitter. Your cards are super-as usual.

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet!! Love your buggie images and the pretty bright colors!! TFS!

MaGoooo said...

Oh Zappa your card is ADORABLE!! Hey just think, you don't have to worry about the drug lords kidnapping you how!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I'm glad you feel off the wagon! Why? I LOOOOOOVE what you did with that paper. And - and - now I MUST HAVE that paper! I'll be going to Jo-Ann today!