Wednesday, July 25, 2007

CHA '07

Ok, you'll have to bear with me on the pics... Vicki Chrisman has much better photos, so you'll have to check out her blog for a better view. Keep in mind, photography is not one of my talents.
This is a shot of the Crafty Secrets booth where I was demoing the new release ClearArt Stamp sets at CHA this weekend. There's Sandy in the background talking to a customer. I knew I liked her when she ended up wearing her flip flops with that cute cute little skirt! I ended up wearing mine for most of the show too, for sheer comfort. Both of us noted that our feet weren't sore at all! It's either the flip-flops or the faux hardwood floor we were on. It looked like hardwood floors, but then you stepped onto it and realized it was CUSHY! I kept telling visitors they could come back and hang out if they wanted, to give their feet a break! See the gaggle of women at the Ranger booth behind us? I had to be TOLD that Tim Holtz & Robin were demoing stuff right behind us. DOH. NOT SO CLEAR ON MY SURROUNDINGS. I was pretty much in a stupor the whole time I was there!

Here's Wendy, Sandy's sister. She's the math whiz of the group. She came equipped with GINORMOUS calculators. She kept Sandy and I in line, and took care of orders & setup. She worked SO hard the entire show!


Sandy had all of these cute little fence displays for us to hang all the samples on. Check out the Vicki Chrisman eye candy in the middle. I freak when I see the stuff on her blog, but in person, OH MAN, get the paddles out. Serious heart failure here.


Here's the Halloween fence. That harlequin paper is my FAVORITE and is SO SO SO vintage Halloween!

This cute little dress form was SO adorable with samples hanging from it.
















This is the cooking section. I pretty much stayed away from it because it was sort of unfamiliar territory for me. I didn't see a roadkill recipe in any of the books so I felt out of my comfort zone. If they make a recipe book with lean cuisine ingredients, I'd be interested in that. If a customer asked what to do with any of the products in this section, I shrugged and said I wasn't sure. ;)

Tomorrow:
More Joy & Daisy goodies.

7 comments:

Lorrie said...

Lisa, I so love your blog! I think you rock! I have nominated you for the Rockin Girl Blogger award! Please check out my blog for details. Thanks ~Lorrie

Carol (HB) said...

LZ, you crack me up!!! Nothing puts a smile on my face like your stories!!!

Michele Kovack said...

Lisa,

You are so stinkin funny! I am cracking up!

Bevie Pearl said...

zapstar........I love checking in on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love these ideas for displays! Thanks for sharing- right now I have an old wood barn door in my classroom and I am searching for an old screen door and now an old metal gate! (why didnt I keep the one I had from my past life? lol)
I love checking in on your blog, thanks for being you!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Lisa, it was so fun to finally meet you in person! Next time we're in the same place at the same time,we definatly have to find more "chat" time. I'm always in the "CHA blur" when I'm there. I dont even feel like myself. lol
Even if It was short.. I still LOVED meeting you!!! Vic

Anonymous said...

ooooooh, thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! I **NEEDED** to see these!!! =)