Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Happy 4th!~


I thought I'd get into the 4th of July holiday mood by stamping some Independence Day cards! The fourth is on Wednesday this year.... right in the middle of the week. Doesn't seem right! Did you have your celebration last weekend or this coming weekend?

The center image is a cut out image from the Crafty Secrets "Seasonal" Booklet. The tan paper is from theCrafty Secrets "Earthy" Paper Pad.


*******I created the star patterned paper myself, by stamping the star from the "French Mail" stamp set in Ruby Red and Navy Stampin' Up ink. I distressed the paper by putting it directly onto the creamy caramel ink pad, to make it look old and dirty. I cut the paper to size and then distressed the edges of the paper with Tim Holtz "Vintage Photograph" distress ink, which adds a darker tint to the edges. You can see the colors more clearly on the small disc to the left. The fun little faux metal turns underneath the brads are actually a STAMP, from the Card Sentiments set. I love that the Crafty sets come with so many bits and pieces to use in your projects. You get SO many stamps in each set, it's unreal! The red swirl stamp is from the "Cherubs" set.

5 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Wonderful card Lisa! HAppy 4th to you too!

Stampindamour said...

FABULOUS GIRLY!!! As always, your CARDS are the BEST!!! Have a HAPPY 4th of July!! :0)

-pamela

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You never cease to amaze me. Gosh, you are one great card artist. I so love this card.

Carol (HB) said...

Totally GORGEOUS! I mean it... this one is TOTALLY gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

LZ, Crafty Secrets has found their dream stamper! Of course I've known this for a while now, but I certainly hope that they know it!

~Tex