Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's a wrap!


Do you guys make your Christmas tags every year? When I wrap gifts I always feel like the tag should match the wrapping paper. So I make them every year, using stamps that match the theme of the gift wrap that I buy. I usually hit Target for their Christmas clearance, and get the wrap for 75 percent off the year before. Last year this was my clearance wrapping paper. Tonite I started wrapping gifts with my clearance paper, and frankly, I'm so exhausted that I just don't have the energy this year to go nuts making the tags. (I cranked out all my Christmas cards last night, so I'm a little stamped out right now!) So I decided to go simple & just cut the tags, Cuttlebug them with the snowflake embossing folder, and glimmer mist them. They have a bit of a shimmer and some texture, and look just fine with the wrapping paper. I started with tempting turquoise paper, and then spritzed them with silver glimmer mist. After I dried them with my heat gun, I ran my Caribbean blue ink pad over the top to pop the snowflakes out. Quick and easy!

3 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

Love your tags, how creative and your new banner

Tammy-SCS-feathers&ink said...

That doesn't sound easy to me! Lots of steps girl...for tags! You are so creative.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Oh, great idea. Love the banner, too.