Monday, August 13, 2007

LAST ONE. I promise.

So this is the last non-Christmas, Christmas card post, I PROMISE. Well, don't hold me to that.

This is more double sided Christmas paper from Stampin Up last year. If you can believe it, it has pointsettias on the other side of it. I won it as a prize at a stamping retreat I went to with my stamping sisters last year. Funny that I should be playing with it in August, a YEAR later. I was thinking I should cut back on my patterned paper purchases. HAAAAAAAAA! THAT'S FUNNY. IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.


Ok, so on to the froggies. This is one of those sets that I get a ton of use out of, because it combines images with cute sayings that match, like "Hoppy Birthday" and "Sorry I frogot". I'm heading for our yearly stamping retreat again this Wednesday, so I had bottles of glitter spread out on my stamp table. My process is this: if it's sitting out in front of me, I slap it on the card. So these cards were inspired by my messy stamp table, really.

I have a hard time using colored glitter on my cards, I find that I always grab for the white dazzling diamonds glitter first. So I decided to run a line across the cards with a liquid glue pen and glitter up the cards with colored glitter. These are definitely sparklier in person. Sparklier is a word, I'm sure of it.





These cards seem sort of lame to me, which is pretty much par because I'm having sort of a lame night. You know, the kind of night where you mistakenly wash your bathtowels with the cat's blanket. I'm going to tell my guests that I only buy ANGORA towels. We'll see if they buy it. Have a great night everyone, and remember, always separate towels from the cat's blanket.


L.

11 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

LOL I am still laughing...dont think they'll buy the angora...but hey, give it a try!ha ha! Your frog is cute!

Dottie K. said...

Cute little frog cards. Love the colors. I'm chuckling over the cat's blanket story. Good thing I'm not visiting - allergic to cats and your towels. Have a good night. :)

Alhambra Club said...

I think these cards are adorable, love the colors and paper. Oh my angora towels.

Michele Kovack said...

You are a hoot girl! I split my side laughing at your laundry mishap! Thank God I don't own a cat! Lovin these frogs...Have fun at your retreat...wish I were going...sigh...

Stampindamour said...

FANTASTIC!!! I can't even tell that is SU paper!

I love HOW you change your banner to match your cards too! :0)

-pamela

Vicki Chrisman said...

I LOVE THOSE FROGS!!!! Super Cute Lisa!

Ila said...

Toadally Adorable cards! I love those frogs....and the papers look great with this.

Bethany Paull said...

Lame you say? I LOVE them! But I'm such a blue/green freak. What a great idea to do the line of glitter. I have a bunch of old,retired colored glitters from SU! Hmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You are such a cheerful and funny person. And your cards....wow! They're gorgeous.

Susan/SnowyAK

Kristina Lewis said...

Another home run!! I totally love these!

Deborah said...

Froggie cards are classic! How do you coordinate your blog banner with your pattern paper? Too cool! Deb