Monday, June 25, 2007

Lotsa junk...

Ok girlfriends. I promise I'll keep the junkin pics but make sure to add card pics in with it, so that we can satisfy both the carders AND the junkers (did I use that right, Lisa Strahl? lol!). I did this card this weekend with a new pack of K & Company "K Bailey" paper pack (1/2 off at Mike's!) The flower is just a pre-packaged sticker that coordinates with the "Bailey" paper. It already has the rhinestone bling on it. The sentiment is from the Crafty Secrets "card sentiments" stamp set. The little sequins in the right corner are vintage..I loved the patina on them and just stuck brads through the center holes. Instead of paper piercing along the edges, I used my sewing machine and did a zigzag stitch along the edge of the pink & brown paper, but didn't thread the machine. Quick & easy!


Now for the junk. The pic to the above is of one of the sales at Pipe Lake. We didn't buy anything here, but I LOVED the shabby barn & silo. Look at this outbuilding below! I love anything chippy and white! That's my sister to the left. Doesn't she look happy happy happy, swinging her purse up the driveway? (she wasn't..."DON'T TAKE MY PICTURE", she's yelling. You can't see her mouth moving so it looks all happy, doesn't it?)

Chippy and white! This needs to have a sign on the outside saying 'STAMP STUDIO'. ************* There was another sale in a barn, where we hit the MOTHERLOAD. Notice there are no pretty pictures of the outside of the sale? This is because we HIT THE GROUND RUNNING and were piling up loads of junk on the cashier's table. Never mess with a girl at a good junk sale. You might get injured. These pink shabby chenille bedspreads were CHEAP! But you have to make sure to look for holes and stains. One went home with my sis. The .25 cent shabby pink pillow came home with me.

What does this gumball machine remind you of? Hmm, there's a certain Stampin Up stamp set that looks like this! This machine has BIG MARBLES inside instead of gumballs! It almost went home with us but was too rickety and was $15 dollahs! The marble gumballs were probably worth more than the machine was! NO SALE!

Here's what I ended up with at the end of the day. The pink dish will probably decorate a wall, and the cute jar will hold bellies in my stamp area. The sugar dish with no lid will hold foam brushes.





This little guy came up to greet us as we were driving up the driveway to one of the sales. When we got to the sale, I told his owner that I loved his horses out front. He told me they weren't horses. I said "Well, I like your big dogs out front". Apparently they're mules. I explained to him that we were city girls and he told me that he never would have guessed. Anyway. That was our weekend. Beautiful and junk-i-ful.

Ok non-junkers.... I promise, the rest of the week I'll post cards. Gnite all!

L.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Your story is funny! "I like your big dogs" LOL I am like that too and sometimes people laugh and sometimes they look at you like you have escaped from the nut house!!

Your card is beautiful by the way! Love the soft colors!

Mimi Hornberger said...

Fabulous junk and card! Love your stuff. Almost lost it when I got to the horse story! You crack me up!

Michele Kovack said...

I really needed the giggles tonight...thanks! I love that you are going to put your Bellas in that cute jar!

Stampindamour said...

Hey Lisa!! You story is so much FuN to read! You found some really neat SHaBBy stuff--'ya LuCKy-DuCK!

As always, your cards are so lovely--GiRL, you've GOT aMaZiNg TaLeNt!!! :0)

-pamela

Viv said...

Looks like you gals had a ball at the sale! I sure miss going to those. You ended up with some really cute things! Love your card too!

Kirsi said...

Fabulous card and cool junk! I enjoy reading about your yard and junk sale trips. It's one thing I do miss from my terrific 1½ years living in your country long time ago.

Bevie Pearl said...

Zapstar........I love reading your blog and I love your junk journey stories......You are such a creative woman...in words and in ink....I just can't wait til you post again and again and again.

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your pictures. Love that pink dish! Someday I am having a pink bedroom with white iron bed and country stuff! My husband will have to wear sunglasses!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Funny! Keep sharing your goodies.. I love it!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh what fun! Great junk!
:-)