Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Aaaah, stamping relief. And some purple artwork.

I swear, bad things happen in 3's. I know I shouldn't be complaining because I have some friends out there that are sooo worse off than me right now. But in the last 2 weeks, I've had some really bad ju-ju and I'm starting to wonder if a black cat crossed my path a little early! It started with a deer crossing my path on the way to the cabin. I slammed on my brakes and my sister's head hit the windshield, putting an 8 inch spiderwebby crack in the passenger side. Thankfully, she's o.k.... she didn't really even feel it until she started poking her finger around in her hair the next day! (OMG!) An acorn hit her in the head the same weekend, and my Mom joked that she needs to start wearing one of those bike helmets around. (Everyone's a comedian in my family.) Then, I discovered I've been driving around on 4 badly worn tires, & they recommended I get them replaced IMMEDIATELY before I have a blowout. (Done. 4 new tires tonite, $375 schmack.) AND THEN! A purple graffiti artist showed up at my house and decorated the garage door for us at no charge. I spent last night trying to scrub purple spraypaint off. @&%&$#@!! But things always work out in the end; while I was getting the tires put on, I walked over to a favorite store of mine called "Patina", and did a little birthday shopping for my Mom. OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW YOU GUYS WHAT I GOT HER! I'd post it now, but the last time I did that and labeled my post "MOM DON'T LOOK", she looked anyway and knew what she was getting for Easter. Patience is not a family virtue either. I'll post it after I give it to her, I promise. Ok enough, yada yada yada, I came here to post about stamping, right?

So the card and take-out box above were done with the Crafty Secrets Vintage "Cuts", which are cute images printed on a heavy cardstock. You just cut 'em up and stick 'em on! I left a little bit of a border on these so that I could edge the whole image in Martha Stewart Yellow Gold Glitter. The stamping was done with Crafty's new "Sexy Little Numbers" stamp set. I also used the "October" stamp from the Calendar Stamp set. The paper is from the Radiant Paper Pad , and is actually a white polka dot pattern (see banner above). I colored in the polka dots orange, to match the cute little orange take-out box that I bought tonite at Patina. May Arts Ribbon is from Starlit Studio's Ebay Store. The gold rick-rack on the take out box handle is vintage, I got it at an estate sale with a bunch of vintage craft supplies. So I thought you'd also want to see the purple graffiti artist's work. Enjoy. $*#&#*#@@!

10 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

You poor thing! Luck definitely seems to run in streaks! Hopefully yours is on the upswing now! These Halloween cards are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards; the graffiti, not so much! What is it with some people? Hope tomorrow is a better day for ya!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie Zappa, you must know that I LOVE (insert huge font on LOVE) your Halloween creations! No doubt about it!

But this "other" artist on your street has really ticked me off! Doesn't he/she know who you ARE for goodness sakes?! I think it's time to put the Zappa-loving Fans on Red Alert! Let us at'em!!

Dottie K. said...

Adorable card! That is just horrible what they did to your garage door. Can't they find better creative outlets. Hope things get better.... :)

Anonymous said...

That stinks that someone would do that! Some people have no brain!
I hope you have a better day today!
Your halloween card is cute!!

Anonymous said...

Just look for the kid with purple fingers in your town Ü

And "I" have a store in my area called Patina as well (got a little 'cited there for bit thinking you lived by me Ü) and I have to walk in there with one eye shut so I won't see aaalll the gawjus stuff I can't live without!

Tracy

Alhambra Club said...

Oh my, thankfully your sister was not seriously hurt and the deer survived also. Think you need to install one of those security camera's and find out who the local artist is. Your cards are great and guess your garage door will be getting a new coat of paint.

Deborah said...

Oh my gosh, all these events! Love these cards, just adorable! Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa...this is terrible that someone did that to your door! Where in the heck do you live? I did, however, find it ironic that I jumped on over to your blog from EP's post about the Glimmer Sprays and found a photo that said "Spritz 'em". Sorry, if found a slight little bit of humor in that and hope you will too. Love your new Crafty Secrets stuff!

Debbi T said...

At least they chose purple! ;)
Can't commend that choice enough, just wish they'd chosen someone else's property to graffti!

LOVIN' your halloween schtuff girl - more more more!