Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Experimentation Mode.

I'm OK....not to worry, it was just a small meltdown...nothing caught on fire and no one was hurt....

Can I just say that I should *NOT* be allowed to play with a soldering gun? They should have warnings on these things.... "DO NOT USE IF YOUR NAME IS LISA ZAPPA". *STEP AWAY FROM THE SOLDERING GUN, MAAM.*


I bought a girlie soldering gun at JoAnne Fabrics tonite. I only melted part of my plastic organizer, and nothing caught fire, so I'm good. I will show you what I'm working on when I make more and am through experimenting. I will say one more thing, the letterpress letters work PUUUURFECTLY with Brilliance Pigment ink. More to follow on that. So after the meltdown and a litany of swear words, I buckled down and made these 3 cards. Remember, I'm a cheat...I do the layouts ahead of time and then slap an image on, quick and easy. I made these layouts at the retreat I was at, using a Creative Memories cutting system. The stamp is one of my favorite from the new Stampendous Halloween line. I watercolored them with an aquapainter and Stampin Up ink. I may be close to caving on the copic markers...I think I NEED them. There, I said it. I need the copics. I've been waffling on buying Copics for a month now. I need to just GIT R DONE!

The stamp is "Pumpkin Plaque" by Stampendous.
The papers are:

Orange stripe - Scrapworks skinny cathode bungalow.
Brown Dots - "Overton house designs Mint Espresso Dotty Flowers
Floral - EK Success "Lauren Funky Fresh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, it's not cheating! It's the secret to your awesome cardmaking. LOL! And second, you ain't seen nothin' if you haven't seen the pot I MELTED on top of my mom's brand-new stove. It's a wonder the house is still standing. So never leave a boiling pot unwatched, because it will boil dry in no time. No wonder I'm scared to use a soldering iron. BTW, other than the melting issue, how did you like it? ;)

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, love them and you new header.

Adelina said...

I'm so excited to see Halloween cards everywhere! I love your new banner! Great cards!

Michele Kovack said...

I can't wait to see what the heck you are making with a soldering iron....Thanks for the giggles before bed! Love your cards....as always! BTW...still can't get my darn cards to upload.

Viv said...

Very cute! I love my Copic markers and air gun! You gotta have the air gun too, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

Lisa
These are too cute. I love all your cards and vintage items.
I would never use that soldering iron since I'm a klutz. Barb

Bethany Paull said...

Totally love the orange and blue. These are great. I keep telling myself I DO NOT need the Copics. I'm not sure that I believe me.

flatis stempelwelt said...

Your new Header is beautifull

And the Halloween Cards are wonderfull