Thursday, September 6, 2007

Sexy little number.

New 50's chickies in the house! YAY! I had so much fun with Crafty's Coffee & Tea set that I couldn't wait to get the new Party Queen set in my hot little hands. It's really exciting to finally get to sit down and play with them on my own! I demoed this chickie at CHA but never really got to create with her until now. There are some really cool things about this set; first off, it comes with 3 different size bubbles, and there are "speaking bubbles", and "thinking" bubbles. So you can make her 'think things' or 'speak'. And the bubbles are separate from the words, so you can stamp any saying you want inside. It's also a very interactive set, in that you can change the look of the girlie by adding different crowns (ahem...bling!) or party hats to her head. If you look at the different words with the set, even the words are interactive & can be combined to personalize your card. Lots of possibilities here...Birthday Queen, Party Princess, Happy Birthday Girlfriend, you name it. Since a lot of the sayings are obvious, I decided to pair her up with the Sexy numbers set instead, because I thought she'd be perfect for personalized age cards, too.

You gotta check out Mishie Wooderson's Crafty Secrets Gallery; she paired up the Party Queen with the wine set! Hilarious! And she also has a cute "Look who's turning 29...again" card in there too! I need the weekend to get here so I can get some serious stamping time in. I'm working at Archivers this weekend for Scrapfest at the Mall of America, so I'm hoping to see a lot of you there! I'll be helping out at Archiver's cashier area both on Saturday and Sunday (11-6 ish)... if you're going, please stop by and say hi and show me all the fun make & takes that they're doing this weekend!

4 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Great card,love these stamps.

Pam said...

Ummm, I know a set of TWINS that are turning, ahum, 50 this month. It might make them feel a little better if they got these FAB cards. Just sayin'. ;)

GLG! These are great LZ, love the queen set and what you did with it, DANG!

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are fabulous! :)

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you out did yourself. I love them. I wish you gave classes on shabby cards. I try to copy your style, but can't quite get it.