Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Cheater cheater!

So most of you guys know by now I'm a shabby, vintage kind of chick. (AND DO NOT TELL ME IT'S BECAUSE I'M 42) *&$*%#@!!! So I was SO excited when friend Carol sent me a link to Crafty Secrets! I ordered some of the acrylic stamps and discovered to my delight that they also sell these cool little books of vintage images that have been reduced down to a manageable size to put on cards! I started playing with them the other night, and let me tell you, a monster has been created. On Saturday my girlfriend Bean is coming over and we're stamping the day away. Be prepped for a lotta vintage stuff comin' your way! This is one of the cards I did. It's a little rascals-type image, and the cool thing is there are words and sayings right in the pack, along with the images!



I tried to get a good pic of some of the images (see left) but photography is NOT one of my talents.

So why is this post labeled cheater cheater? Because if you look at the "king of the castle & all his little rascals" it looks like I used the Stampin up 'ticket' corner punch to embellish the corners. Instead, I just used a regular hole punch and eyeballed it, saving me the $6.00 for the punch. And shipping and handling. HA. Queen of cheap!


Here's how I did the corners...I took off the little flap that normally catches the punched paper, and turned the punch so that I could see how much of the corner is in the punch. Do it to all 4 sides, and there's your ticket punch. Hmph. Now I get to order more stuff from crafty secrets, right? LOL



8 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

aaaaaack!! OK, FIRST... I LOVE the new banner!! It is YOU babee! Second, I am sooo gonna need a bib to catch the drool over what you are gonna create from those vintage pieces! yummy!!

Valerie said...

LOVIN the new banner, too! And totally love that you change it all the time, gives me a surprise on my visits!

Can't wait to see the results of your weekend of stamping.

Bevie Pearl said...

Hey Rock Star........You are rocking this blog with your new banner and with your new vintage "stuff"!! I can't wait to see what you do next!!

Michele Kovack said...

How DO you change that banner everyday? Love the cards! I'm a vintage girl myself:)

Pam said...

OH man, this Crafty Secrets stuff is right up your alley LZ! I love this CUTE card, can't wait to see what else you come up with!!!

It was so good talking to you last night! {{{HUGS}}}

Melissa said...

Awesome banner and way to go on using the hole punch! It gives you a little more $$ for more of the Crafty Secret stuff! :)

Tami McBeain said...

I'm lovin' this card, and can't wait to see what you're gonna create with the rest of the images! I too love that you change your banner...it's as much fun to see as your cards!

Tami McBeain said...

I'm lovin' this card! Can't wait to see what you'll create with the rest of the images! I too love that you change your banner. It's as much fun to see as your cards!