Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Eclectic Paperie


Aaaack what a night. I've had chaos going on around me; the last hour has been crazy. I got home, changed my clothes, and went face-first into a series of catastrophes, all within a 15 minute time frame. The lawn mower died, my cell phone died, the timer for the laundry I was doing went off, and the smelly-cat had problems in the litter box. Lets just say the chicken I fed him at lunch did not go over well.


I'm amazed that I got these cards made tonite. They are lacking in quality but what can I say, I was trying to do 4 things at once. I did come up with a few fun tips. These Prima 'bubble' flowers are large enough that you can take the flower centers from the create-a-flower set and stamp them in the middle. If you look closely under the glitter, I've created centers with ink on top of the flowers.



The other fun thing is the asymmetrical flower on the card to the right. I screwed up and didn't cut the flower image straight, so it's top heavy. I think on my next batch of cards I may exaggerate it more, and make the top wider than the bottom. We'll see how it turns out! Yippie for new flower stamps!

Everything is from Eclectic Paperie: Paper by Paper Salon, "Pristine" collection, stamps by Paper Salon, Create-a-flower.

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

As I've said before....I love to read your blog right before bed...cuz even if I'm having a bad day, you make me laugh! And the cards are great too!

Ila said...

Beautiful Cards!! I love them and the stamps. I always look forward to your updates!!

Pam said...

Holy Cow! Love those colors and that flower stamp, the cards are divine LZ!!

Valerie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the sentiment stamp for the stem!!

DeniseLynn said...

Wow - I was having a busy hectic sort of day and now I've read your words and feel so much better. I guess it's because I know I'm not alone and because I LOVE your creations. Your art makes me smile from the inside out - Thank YOU!!! Hang in there - i hope all those things get fixed lickty split.

Bethany Paull said...

Both are great. Really love the one with stripes. That striped border looks great with the flowers. Wonderful layout.