Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fun Flock!














I wanted to try out the new Stampendous 'fun flock' product that's out there, because of the yummy candy colors it comes in! I wanted ALL the colors but settled on 'green apple' until I knew exactly how it was going to work and if I was going to like it. So tonite I played around with it a little bit and wanted to give you the 411 on how to use it.

I had a discussion with Pam from the Archivers Woodbury MN store that I used to work at, and we were trying to decide if it would work better on solid stamps using a glue ink, or by coloring in a line image with a glue pen. I'm happy to say that it works JUST FINE with line images. First off, I like that it doesn't COMPLETELY cover your black stamped image lines..it is sort of transparent. So the first hint is to make sure you color in your image before you apply the flock, for maximum color effect.
This is what my image looked like when I didn't color it in.
Much better after coloring in the bird with a celery green SU marker. Make sure that after you dump the flock on, you press it into the glue with your fingers, so lots of the fibers stick in the glue. I'm going to experiment with other glues; here I used a Stampin up liquid glue pen.

8 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute...love the color palette and the flock!

Lindy Stamper said...

Well, you know I tried it w/ the cotton candy pink, and I realized that if it's a solid stamp that works better than a fine image stamp. For the solids I tried to use dabs of glue versus for fine stamps I used the sakura glue pen.

Michele Kovack said...

I didn't have much luck with the flock....I guess I need to press into the glue more...will try again! ADorable card :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

Lisa ...your work is always gorgeous!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh I love your cards and that you shared what you learned ... now I need to try out that clock I bought. Oh boy - so many techniques, so many stamps and papers and yet oh so little time!

Kristina Lewis said...

Love the bird. I saw the flock at Archiver's and didn't buy any...now I need to go back! I love your work!

Valerie said...

What the flock?! LOL, interesting stuff, does it end up everywhere like glitter?

And, I LOVE the colors on these uber fun cards!

Bethany Paull said...

Wow! More beautiful cards. I love everything you make. Thanks for the flock tips.