Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Christmas Cards


It's always so hard to choose a favorite stamp to make my Christmas cards with each year...this year I chose my Pink Persimmon "Little Christmas Cottage" stamp. I made 25 of these, and wanted something quick to stamp that would have a cozy, homey feel. I paper-pieced the roof with some burgundy polka-dot paper, stamped the trees in green, & glittered the bare branches with white glitter so they look snowy and glittery.
Around the edges of the main image and in the snowflake centers, I glued Martha Stewart white-gold glitter for more sparkle! The snowflakes were punched out with a Martha Stewart snowflake punch & cream colored cardstock. For a finishing touch, inside of each snowflake I put a Mark Richards olive green gemstone. I'm guessing everyone who gets one of these cards will be covered in glitter after opening it up...there's a little bit of merry in each card that's sure to stick with the recipient long after the card is opened! HEH HEH. The glitter fairy strikes again.
L.

6 comments:

pinefeather said...

these are just the prettiest, LZ! The pictures just doesn't show the shimmer and sparkle! Everyone who comes over picks it up and comments on it :)

Anonymous said...

These are so cute and pretty! I love all the glitter and the colors. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards, Lisa! Love the glitter and the little house!

Michele Kovack said...

So cute! Love all the glitter! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Elaine said...

Lisa, these are sooo adorable and cute...just your style! :) I really like the colors together too...keep up the great work and Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Elaine

Debbi T said...

GORE
GEE
US!!!!!!!

They're adoreable!

Merry Christmas my sweet little spitfire of a friend! :)