Sunday, December 7, 2008

Unity Birthday Birds



Are you sick of birds yet? Well at least I'm not showing Christmas cards today, right? I cranked these birthday bird cards out last month at a get-together with some fun girlies that I used to work with at Archivers in Woodbury, MN. I've gotten smarter about what I bring with to a gathering. I had the card design all planned out and ready to go, and then just brought the supplies with to make a bunch of them.






Remember that cool Unity "Birds of a Feather" set that I've been using for Christmas cards? Well this cute bird is from the same set! I've been getting so much mileage out of it. The sentiment is from A-Muse.






I'm trying to use up embellishments; why do we buy all this stuff if we're not going to use it? After you use it you're sick of looking at it anyway, so USE IT UP! I've got a ton of white kaiser flowers, also, so I used up a bunch on these cards & added button centers.






For the layout, I just used a nestabilities scalloped circle die, and cut out patterned paper. EASY layout!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! Weren't you away for the weekend as well? LOVE these birdie cards. I agree with using up the embellishments. Make room for more:)

Anonymous said...

Aww!! Love these cards! They are all too cute, yep use up that stash so you can make new. lol thanks for sharing. Renee

Vicki G said...

So pretty Lisa!