Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Paper-Pieced Crafty Secrets Ornaments



Oh man, I wish I could get good photos of how glittery and sparkly this card is. These cool, retro-ornaments are from Crafty Secret's Christmas Joy set. I stamped the ornaments on white cardstock, then stamped it again on patterned paper from Crafty's "Earthy" paper pad, cut them out, and then layered the patterned paper on top.

I created the blue background snowflake paper with a cuttlebug embossing folder, using Stampin Up Soft Sky cardstock. I took a creamy caramel (SU) ink pad and ran it over the top of the snowflakes to distress them and make them pop out a bit.






I edged the entire card with Martha Stewart White Gold glitter...this stuff looks SO much like vintage glass glitter that they used to use on ornaments! (If you click on one of the photos you'll be able to see the glitter better.) I stamped the little swirls from this set on top of my patterned paper, and then blinged them up with clear Mark Richards Crystal Rhinestone stickers. To make the tips of these ornaments shine, I colored them in with a warm grey 2 Copic marker to get a silver tone, and then colored them in again with clear Sakura gelly roll glitter pen.

Have a glittery Tuesday, all!

L.

13 comments:

Jules said...

I just love this card!
Love the colors, the ornaments everything!

Diana said...

How pretty! I just love how you put sparklys on everything; makes it so much fun!

Tiffany said...

Cool ornaments! You are so creative.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Lisa! Love the sparkles!

Vicki G said...

Ohhhh LZ, These are JUST SCrumptious...............right????

See you at CHA!

Vicki

Marisa said...

This is really cute Liza. Love the colors and the ornaments stamped on the Earthy paper.

Marisa

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I agree, the glitter makes it extra special.

Altered Annie said...

well lisa, you've done it again!
truly a work of art
a feast for the eyes
thanks for the inspiration
when i need it most!

Elaine said...

Oh so pretty! These stamps are just fabulous combined like this!

Paula said...

very glitzy ornaments, I love how they sparkle and shine.

Lana said...

THUD!!!!!!!! Help me up please! These are EXTRAORDINARY!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin said...

Love it!!!! Great Vintage Look!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is simply stunning, Lisa! Love the colors and that glitter - be still my heart!