Friday, May 2, 2008

Crafty Secrets Wildflower Sympathy

Hi All!

One last quick post before leaving for the cabin tonite...we're doing dirty work this weekend and staining the dock and the deck in preparation for WARM WEATHER, if it ever gets here!

I had made a bunch of sympathy cards a while back and am just getting around to posting them. I used the Crafty Secrets "Wildflower" stamp set and masked off the fern and yarrow images to make it look like a field of flowers.
The sentiment is from Crafty's "Card Sentiments"stamp set; inside the card reads: "May prayers strengthen you and memories comfort you". I've made quite a few of these for my Grams to send out. She makes me laugh...I usually don't sign my name to the back of the cards I make for her, and she has been telling me for ages to sign my name! When I was at her house a few weeks ago and brought her more cards, I noticed that she was signing my name on the back of them in her sweet little chicken scratchy handwriting; made by grandaughter "Lisa Zappa". It just touched me for some reason. The funniest thing is that she gave me a card that I MADE for my birthday. Someday I'll have to show you the little birdies and hearts she always draws on everyone's birthday cards. They're her signature! Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you next week!

L.
Paper by K & Company, Classic K "Bailey" paper pad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards! I love the earthy colors.

Michele Kovack said...

What a sweet gram you have! IT is so touching to hear how close you and her are! Have a great weekend!

Kar said...

love the look of these!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Beautiful cards, LZ! OMW - how CUTE that your Grandmother is signing your name to the back of the cards! CUTE!

Lana said...

That is so funny LZ that your Grams writes that on the back of your cards! Very sweet! I never sign the back of mine either. It's not a big deal to me.

I miss you when you are at the cabin! I made 33 cards yesterday! Today I'm worn out! ha ha ha ha!

Steph said...

I Love these cards!! Can i ask, did you stamp the flowers in black then colour in with copics/pencils? Or did you add colour straight to the stamp? Your gram reminds me of how my grandma was...so sweet!!