Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monkey business.


So here's the good thing. I have a file FULL of card photos that I haven't had time to upload to my blog! I think it's a perfect time to use them, being that I am camera-less this week!

This fun little monkey stamp is a Whippersnapper design by S. Comisky. It's a good one for practicing your shading on with Copics! I got it in January from Crafts Direct at a girls gathering in St Cloud.
He fits perfectly with Stampendous' Changito sentiments! He's a little more detailed than the Changitos, so I gave him shading by coloring him with a brown Copic (Light Walnut) and then going over him again with the same color, just shading in the outside edges of his body. I left his back lighter, as if the sun was shining directly onto his body straight on.
The paper is by Crate's "Cowgirl" line.

9 comments:

Lana said...

I love him LZ! Love him!

Anonymous said...

Your choice of colors and papers is amazing... I absolutely love your cards.... you always color so beautifully.... LOVE IT!!!

Andrea said...

Great cards!!

xAndrea

Anonymous said...

These are the cutest cards! Great job Lisa!!

Tiffany said...

Very cute! I love the patterned paper you used with this. Nice job!!!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cute! Wonderful paper choice with this adorable image!
Deena

Michele Kovack said...

He is tooo cute!!! Love the shading on his body!

Heidi said...

You are right, adorable to work with copics. Now I need to get them! HEidi

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I see there is another monkey that I neeeeeeed! So cute, LZ! FUN!