Monday, May 12, 2008

Dollar Stamps

It is GARAGE SALE season, and you know what that means? Bargain stamp time! I was at a scrapbooking retreat a few months ago, and on the first night of the retreat they hold a 'garage sale', where you can bring stuff you want to sell and people at the retreat can buy your old supplies at whatever price you mark on them!

Well, I sold a bunch of my stuff and then 'shopped' around for stamp sets for myself. This is one of my bargains. I paid a dollar for this "Make a Wish" stamp at the retreat! The brand on the edge of the stamp block is listed as "JRL Design". I'm not familiar with them at all but I loved this little birthday cake and present image! I stamped a bunch of these images off and packed a 'to go' tote of images and copic markers so I could color images yesterday at my parents house. We also got the garage all set up for our upcoming garage sale next weekend. We're calling it the 'traveling crap show", since anything that doesn't sell at my parents garage sale will get packed up and hauled up to the cabin for the cabin garage-sale-around-the-lake. I can't wait to check out the cool junk that all the cabin people at the lake will have for sale!

Patterned paper: Webster's pages "Pink Lemonade" Snickerdoodle.
Image: JRL Design Co "Make A Wish"
Supplies: Copic markers, glitter, copic multiliner (for doodling), May Arts ribbon

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What darling cards! Love the image and the paper is perfect!!

Michele Kovack said...

I wish I lived closer to see what kind of "crap" you have! LOL! What a cute stamp! The cards are so cute!

Lana said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! Great stamp! Great deal! Hope you got rid of lots of JUNK!

Angela said...

Great card with this stamp. I actually own this one and have never used it. Maybe I will pull it out. Its actually a stamp from CTMH. I think it was an older stamp of the month from a very long time ago.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Great Image and very sweet card! I have a couple of JRL stamps too and I have no clue where they came from !! :)

Tiffany said...

Very cute card and great colors! I love that patterned paper with it.

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

I really love these colors together and your cards are so Happy! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

you make most beauful cards i love them

Debbi T said...

Aack! How CUTE is that image?
Great stuff LZed......but there's nothin' new there! *wink*

Love you my friend!

Kelly said...

I noticed one other comment that JRL Designs are Close To My Heart stamps - JRL are the initials of Jeannette, the founder and CEO of the company.

Great cards, too, by the way!!

MichelleY said...

Hi LZ....your cards are stinkin adorable! I love the layout and the sweet colors!

LOVE YA, MY