Monday, May 26, 2008

Daisy D's Sympathy Cards


Hi All! Hope everyone is having a wonderful memorial weekend! I'm back from the cabin and finally have time to sit and do a blog post! I ran around last week looking at new digital cameras, and think that I've got one picked out that should be fabulous for doing close-ups of cards. I'm excited to get it ordered and play around with it. The great thing is that it should be good in low light, as many of my card photos are taken on a shelf in a cupboard I have in my stamp room. I worked on a ton of new stuff at the cabin so I have lots of new creations to post, but I need to get the camera in my hands to start photographing stuff! So in the meantime, here are some sympathy cards I made a few weeks ago. I've used a few different stamp sets with the same patterned paper, which is a xmas paper by Daisy D's called "Timeless Holiday". It totally did not strike me as holiday paper, and I've been using it in lots of summer projects. I was so excited to see it being clearanced out at Archivers, so I picked up more of it for my stash! The floral stamp is an Anna Griffin stamp from Michaels.
The bird and flower pot image is from a Stampin Up retired stamp set called "Feathered Hope". I'm hoping to have a post every weekday this week since I've been missing in action lately. We have our second garage sale coming up this weekend at the cabin, so I'll be up there trying to unload ...er, I mean 'sell' more junk. This time, the camera will stay safely at home! :) Happy Monday!
Sentiments by Papertrey and Stampin Up.

6 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

Zapstar.....I love your eye for paper and images.....You got the groove on that market.
Glad your weekend went well. Isn't it nice to get away?

Michele Kovack said...

Gorgeous as always Lisa! New camera? How exciting!!

Dottie K. said...

Wow these are stunning! I always enjoy your work and am happy to see you in my google reader. New camera - can't wait to see what your photos look like - they're already gorgeous. :) Dottie K.

Carol (HB) said...

These are beautiful LZ!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards! Glad to hear you had a nice weekend!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Beautiful as always! Your work just SINGS to me!