Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


I am *SO* relieved that I got all of my projects done for Mother's day tomorrow! I've been putzing around most of the day and was completely inspired by AngelNorth's (Joanne Allison's) beautiful lilac card in the Crafty Secret's gallery! Joanne is this month's guest designer at Crafty Secrets; you can check out her gorgeous eye candy on the Crafty Secrets blog or in the gallery. I went and pulled out the gorgeous lilac paper that has been a personal fave from the Crafty Secret "Radiant" paper pad & got to work on a scrapbook page for my Mom for Mother's day. This is one of the photos I was able to copy from my Grandmother's photo albums. I used Vicki Chrisman's technique to sew a sheet music ruffle for the bottom of the page. I used an exacto knife to carefully pop the lilacs off the page so they look like they are covering the top of the photo.





I also duplicated this page of my Grandma at Roy Lake, and went to Michaels and got a 12 x 12 frame to put it in. I thought she'd like to have a copy of the page for herself! I am going to try to start making more gifts for my family....now that I have a bunch of Gram's photos, I can start doing projects with them more often.







I wanted to make cards for my Mom and Grams, and was glad to have the "Summertime" Crafty Secrets Booklet with all of the gorgeous seed packet images. Makes for quick and easy cards!







Sandy and Cindy outdid themselves again on these booklets...the colors on the images are phenomenal!





I used Crafty's "Card Sentiments" stamp set to stamp the sayings on the insides of the cards.



I had a slight gift-wrap snafu. As in, I have NOTHING but Christmas wrapping paper in my stash. So I tried to make this xmas stripe work. It has pink and blue in it so I figure it can work as non-xmas paper. I made little tags for the tops of these gifts with my polka dotted Daisy D's paper. These are for the rest of the Moms in our family.... some are just dog-Moms, but it still counts. Any reason to give a gift, right?



I tried to disguise the Christmas paper with a Crafty Secrets red embossed swirl from the "Flourishes" stamp set.

So all in all, it was a pretty Crafty day. Hope your Mom's day is wonderful tomorrow!

12 comments:

Charmingdesigns said...

You really out did yourself. These are all stunning!! Laurie

Bevie Pearl said...

You are one awesome lady!! Your art such an inspiration.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Your framed art work is incredible!! Those kind of projects will be treasured forever! I'm sure that all the Mom's in your life are thrilled that you are part of the family mix.

Debbi T said...

GREAT gifts, LZed........awesome schtuff!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, these are wonderful, but then again all you cards and pic and anything you do is wonderful!!! You are my paper-craft hero!

Michele Kovack said...

Love those framed pieces Lisa!!! Gorgeous! Happy Mom's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Great projects! I love the look!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Vicki Chrisman said...

WOW Lisa!!! Everything is so beautiful...and those layouts ... HOLY MOLY girl! Fantastic!!

Angelnorth said...

Just commented in the CS gallery on your fabulous lilacs LO - just gorgeous! Love the one for your Gram, too - those vintage images are just perfect with the pic of her. Thanks for your welcome to the Guest slot too :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, there are some lucky ladies in your family to receive such creative pieces of artwork. Your pieces are exquisite! Thanks for all the inspiration that flows out of your creations and upon our eyes.

Anonymous said...

I love the vintage look. You made soem awesome projects!!