Saturday, April 26, 2008

Crafty Secrets Drawing Tonite

Happy Saturday everyone! I'm just checking in...I'm going to do the drawing for the 4 Crafty Secrets new Journaling Images at midnight tonite! If you haven't gotten a chance to enter, you can sneak in under the wire! Click HERE to see the prizes and leave a comment to enter! I'll be giving away all 4 journal booklets to the 1st place winner, and 2 booklets to the 2nd and 3rd place winners! I have lots to show you today! These are new Penny Black "Bubbly" acrylic stamps from my last Eclectic Paperie order. I found this cool patterned paper by "Kaiser" at Anchor paper last weekend on our girl's shopping trip. Kaiser BLEW us away at CHA, they have the most inexpensive flowers, jewels, embellishments and chipboard albums! I bet you'll be seeing them in your local scrapbook stores soon! I made a bunch of these cards last weekend when I was still putzing around with my Crafty Secrets ride tickets. I thought since my Papertrey Birthday Basics sentiment matched the "wish" sentiment on my little ride ticket (Crafty Secrets Journey & Mini Memories sets), I'd add ride tickets to my cards for embellishments.



I didn't get any stamping time in today; my family came over to my sister Gina's house to help her sew a skirt for her scrapbook table. I thought I'd show you how cute it turned out! My Mom is a quilter and used to teach quilting classes in my hometown of Hudson, WI. Guess what she used to sew this skirt.... the Sew Mini machine by Janome that Camipink has been telling everyone about on her blog! So it not only sews PAPER, but it sews FABRIC! GASP! :)
I only sew on cards so I wasn't familiar enough with fabric to 'help' them out. So I sat in the comfy chair here and 'supervised'. Look how neatly Gina has all her albums lined up on this shelf! She's doing some scrapbooking tonite so I decided I'm going to join her and stamp some images off for a friend.



I tried to get a close up of the fabric. It's a sweet little shabby stripe fabric that she got at JoAnn fabric. The table is just a standard 6 foot folding table from Home Depot. They attached the skirt with velcro so that all her supplies and rolling cards can be hidden away underneath.

So that's my story for today. Don't forget to enter the drawing tonite, and I'll pop back on later and choose the winners so I can get the prizes sent out on Monday!

L.

5 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

I love you Penny Black cards. You were on the same wave length as HB. She just used that image too and your cards are totally different. I love them both.

Great job on the table skirt - such a neat room. I would be easy to get lots done there.

Lana said...

Very cool table skirt! Your mom and Gina did very nice work! I also love your Plenny Black stamps! I'm so happy you got your order! I'm looking foward to some good stuff!

Wait until I tell you what I got done this weekend! It has nothing to do with stamping, but I think you'll be proud of me! He he he!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

I absolutely adore your cards! OMW - so cute! CUTE! And the table skirt rocks! WOW - I love your style - and your sister's!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... I have to get this set- love the raccoon- I used to raise raccoons and this guy is cute. Love your cards and wish you would come help me organize my scrap room! You do very nice work! Tammy

Kar said...

love that table skirt!! It looks pretty easy to make too ;)