Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Puddles of Love!

I've had this image sitting in my stamp room, uncolored, for a MONTH... since before the last Hanna release! I ran out of time to get all the ideas out of my head and onto paper, so this one had to wait until last weekend to be put together! The little doggies are from the Hanna Stamps "Small Breed" stamp set, and the sentiment is from "Things Hanna Would Say". I believe the puddles sentiment is meant to go with the Rainy Day Hanna, but I saw it differently when I was playing with the small breed set! This poor little yorkie was so excited to see his little chihuahua friend that he had a slight....err....accident, shall we say. At least he did it OUTSIDE the house, vs. my sister Gina's dog, who is not so courteous!

The paw prints and bones patterned paper is paper "ribbon", which was gifted to me by my Aunt Jan.

The swirl is from Autumn leaves "Swirl V.2", and the paper is old Stampin Up polkadots from a patterned paper pack. Everything is colored in with Copics. Doesn't it look like the chihuahua is laughing at him for having an accident?
I had also made this card for last month's release but never got a chance to post it. I was trying to figure out what you'd use the "New Leash on Life" sentiment for, and decided to make the dog fighting Hanna like it doesn't want to be 'tied'! Actually, this looks like what happens when I try to walk my sister's dog, who is an escape artist. No amount of tugging is getting that dog to go ANYWHERE with me!
One more Hanna sample for tomorrow night; I was at dollar tree again. Geez Louise.

4 comments:

Beth said...

those are Ka-UUUUUUTE LZ!

Kelly L said...

Oh my, these are both adorable, but I have to admit . . . I love the puddles of love one! :) Too cute! Kelly

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

OMG - SNORTING over the puddles of love - SO CUTE!! Fantastic cards, Lisa!

Vicki G said...

Sweet Sweet cards!!!!