Monday, April 28, 2008

Hanna Week!



This Friday will see the debut of 3 more Hanna stamp sets....here's my first sneak peek with one of the new sets! This card was made with a set called "Fun in the Sun", and it has the cutest little beach theme to it!

You're gonna think I'm nuts, but a while ago I vacationed in Bermuda, and was crazy enough to take a baggie full of sand back with me. I thought that if you're gonna steal sand, it may as well be PINK SAND from a Bermuda beach! It's not very pink but it was a clean, white sand that I had envisioned using in cardmaking! Oh man. I wonder if that's illegal? This weekend I had my chance to use my contraband! I used it just like you'd use glitter....use a liquid glue, streak the glue across your image (avoiding the black lines of the image) and then slap on the sand! I think you can buy craft sand somewhere, but if you're going on vacation, why not get it free?!
I tried to get a close-up so you can see the sand on the card.
I used Copic markers to color the images in, and a Sakura gelly roll clear glitter pen to outline the umbrella, so it looks like the sun is reflecting off the objects.
I'll have a couple more beachy samples tomorrow night; I need to try to get a better photo of the cards I made this weekend because they all turned out bad. Ain't Monday a beach?

10 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

Love the card and the paper you used!! I promise never to tell about the contraband sand :) I have done the same thing !! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!! I did the same thing in Bermuda on my honeymoon! I have some of that sand! :) AWESOME card! I think of you when I think of the beach - how you are always saying you need to go!!

Vicki G said...

Oh my gosh Lisa, you have made the Perfect Card. I am just floored by your talent..................

Vicki

Anonymous said...

This is a super cute beach card!

Michele Kovack said...

Well aren't you resourceful? Great idea! And I don't think it is illegal....no sand police will come a knocking on your door! LOL! Love this beachy card!

Lana said...

Hey I wouldn't mind heading out to the beach today! WOOHOOOO!

Love your beachy card!

Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh oh... this is soooo cute... I love the hello sunshine saying too. Very , very, very cute... just love it!

Maria said...

This is awesome, love love that beach scene. how cool you saved sand!

Amanda said...

Awesome story you sand stealer you! Cute card to go with it! *giggles*

Heather Gates said...

Love this card. The sand just adds the perfect touch!
Heather