Monday, April 14, 2008

Delayed gratification.

See this cute little bird? Well, he was missing in action for a few days at the stamping retreat I attended a few weeks ago. We drove through St Cloud, MN on our way to the retreat, and of course had to stop & use our coupons at Crafts Direct. I was SO excited to see the new Inkadinkado stamp sets out, that I had seen at CHA in February! SCORE! I got this cute Amy Smyth stamp set called "The Flourish Pack"! I was revved up to stamp a ton of cards with it at the retreat! And then I realized I left the bag on the counter at Crafts direct. DANG! So I HAD to make do without my new stamp sets all weekend. Luckily when I called, they still had the bag sitting there, and they held it for me. So on the way home from the retreat, we picked it up. ANYWAY, last Saturday I finally got to play with this set! This layout came about because I stamped the images sort of lopsided. So I just ran with it & cut the paper so that it didn't look weird.
The birds are colored in with Copic markers. The paper was from the clearance bin at Archivers, and I forgot to keep a scrap of it with the paper name on it so that I could tell you what it is!
It's definitely Monday!

11 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beautiful cards - You are becoming the Bird Lady with your Outstanding bird cards. I like that you angled the paper - it was so what you had originally planned !!

Bevie Pearl said...

You are amazing and I love how you came up with this design layout.
I love the colors,too. red and blue...good choice.

Bev Gerard said...

Oh that is a darling pack to snatch! Great find, LZ! Not to mention your fabboo cards!

(((hugs)))
Tex

Michele Kovack said...

Love the angle on the cards! Love the stamp too! I am channeling the inner Lisa......made a whopping 9 cards last night! (Not a hundred, but for me, quite an accomplishment!)

Beth said...

ZOINKS!!!!!

Broni said...

Yet another awesome set of cards!!! You are such an inspiration!!

Lana said...

Hey... your image is stamped crooked! Just thought you'd want to know! (pfft) LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, love your blog and all of your creations! I really love them because you do multiples and use different layouts. Thanks for sharing! Birds are really in this year.
Lisa

Unknown said...

Great card. Such fun to hear the history behind it. The layout is wonderful - I tried to do a bunch of them last summer - each one was, well, unique. I sorta can't cut as well as I imagined ....

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Oh yeah - these cards are STRIKING - gorgeous! LOVE them! I love that you always make adjustments based on what you've done and just make it WORK!!!

Kookie said...

LZ this are just the cutest!
And that bird...CUTE!
Your layouts are always fun.