Thursday, November 1, 2007

Crafty Secrets at Splitcoaststampers!



Ok, I am back finally! Forgive my lack of posts last night....I wanted to spill the beans last night, but I needed to wait for the announcement over at Splitcoast Stampers! Crafty Secrets (Sandy Redburn & Co) is now a Member Company over at Splitcoast Stampers! What this means, is that there are forums set up where you can see all of the Crafty Secrets promotions, new set announcements, tricks, tips, tutorials, contests, and lots of fun stuff! Thank you to Jenn-the-bomb-Balcer and Lori Craig who have been such dolls helping Sandy get set up and running over at Splitcoast! Today was the announcement that Crafty will be joining Splitcoast, and a release of a new stamp set called "Favorite Fellas", so if you have some time, head on over there and check it all out! The fab design team girls are posting links to all of their cards with the new guy set..check out the thread, as there will be many more samples coming!


So here is my first sample done using the new Favorite Fellas set. I bought the notebook at Michael's 2 weeks ago in the dollar bin. I love these notebooks because of how it's spiral bound..very easy to bend the spirals, take the cover off, and add your embellishments to. I took a hole punch and punched holes in the paper that I adhered to the front.


The notebook paper I used is from Crafty's "Earthy" paper pad...doesn't it look like the paper you used to learn cursive on in grade school? I'm dating myself, aren't I??!! ...Back in my day, we had this paper. ANYWAY, I took some of the paper and made a pocket on the inside of the notebook front cover, so you can put receipts in it. The little tabbies on the side say "Mileage", "Oil", and "Tune-Ups". Now you must know that I had to think long & hard about what to put on these tabs, because I certainly am not organized enough to use this notebook! But I bet the car-loving guy in your life would use it! The map is from an old road atlas that I paid .75 cents for at a thrift shop. I knew it would come in handy some day!The fun little paperclips & binder clips are actually stickers from the "Office Altered" sticker sheet.


The alphabet used on this set is Crafty's medium "Adore" Alpha set. I'll be posting a few more samples over at Splitcoast with this set with the Favorite Fellas' set, if you're interested! WHEW! That was a lotta links!

L.

5 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Wooooohoooo!!!! YEA!!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I just got two more sets; Vintage Christmas and Rosy Wishes. Can't wait to play with them. I love your notebook and how you attached the pocket. Looks very cool!

Pam said...

WOOHOO!! Love your notebook LZ, such a great idea!!

Jennifer Aviles said...

Zappster, I just love your stuff. This is perfection! Now I'm pouting that Anna didn't bring this fella over. . . I got the new architecture-y one, but this guy must be mine soon!

And btw on the scs thing - WELCOME! HUGS!!!

Lori Craig said...

Lisa, this is an awesome project! You so ROCK! I am excited to have Crafty Secrets at SCS! It's gonna be lots of fun!