Saturday, November 17, 2007

A light blue Christmas & a Crafty Drawing!

**Note** Check out the new Crafty Secrets blog HERE, & enter to win a new release stamp set!

I know we haven't hit Thanksgiving yet, but I'm already feeling the Christmas rush pressure this year! I think it started WAY earlier this year, with the retail stores already having hot deals out there! I hate to rush you guys, but you know, there are only 36 days left before Christmas! AAAAACK! PEOPLE, IT'S ALMOST HERE! I'M NOT READY! STOP IT! STOP THE CLOCK!

Since next weekend it will all hit, I thought I'd post these Christmas ornaments, just in case you're looking for gift ideas! I had made these months ago when it was too early to post them, and then forgot about them! The photos with the Christmas tree on Vicki Chrisman's blog reminded me that I had made ornaments for Crafty's trade show booth a while back. These tags are made of wood, and come in a set of 4 tags (I don't remember pricing but I know they were cheap) from Michael's. I painted the backs of the ornaments with acrylic paint, and then mod podged paper onto the front of the ornaments. The paper is from Crafty's "Earthy" paper pad, and is sort of a sky-blue color. I stamped the snowflakes from Crafty's "Vintage Christmas" set onto the paper in versamark ink & embossed the snowflakes with white embossing powder. The Father Christmas images are stamped onto white paper, colored in and then I used the cracked glass technique on top of the images to make them look old. All along the edge is some irridescent "snow" that I had in my crafting supplies from a while back. For the ornament 'strings' I used old vintage tinsel cord. You could also use ribbon or gold cord or whatever you choose for the hanger. I'm a re-use it kind of girl!




12 comments:

Erin said...

They are all beautiful, but that baby tearing out of the tag is the most adorable thing EVER. :)

Kathy Camasso said...

I just LOVE those tags! I'll be looking for those at Michaels this week! TFS!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THESE!!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, these are so gorgeous! I love the pale blue you selected and the snowy glitter. The dimension the glaze really brings the colors to life.

Carol (HB) said...

Dang LZ, these are GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

These are gorgeous!!! Just mailed your little package too..... : )

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I really like you tags, particularly the snowy edges and fibre. Very delightful.

Jules said...

Really pretty!!!

Bevie Pearl said...

Zapstar this tags are so wonderful.
I like how you embellished them...perfectly embellished them.

Ila said...

Wow!! These are all Soo Gorgeous!! Love the vintage look and the accents you have on these tags.

Anonymous said...

Lisa ... as always ... your tags & Christmas creations are savor-worthy! These are gorgeous!

Now ... no more countdowns please!! Noooooooo!!!


~Tex

Bethany Paull said...

These are so gorgeous. The traditional images are perfect. But I LOVE the light blue and GLITTER.