Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hanna Stamps New Release Sneak Peek


Sandra and Carol, your wish is my command. The mushroom has its own banner now! Tonite I'm on a Hanna Stamps mission for the set release Friday of the next Hanna set! The set will be released at Midnight on Thursday! I have another sample that I did tonite that needs some drying time, so I can show you this one for right now!

This set has lots of cute little rainy accessories with it, I can't wait for the set to be unveiled so you can see all the great little elements Krissy has put into it! I stamped Hanna with Brilliance Black pigment ink and heat set her with my heat gun so that I could use my Copic markers on her (thanks to Julie Ebersole for this tip, it works like a charm!). Her raincoat and the ducks are done by paper piecing; stamping on patterned paper and cutting out the image to paste onto your main image.
Michelle Wooderson has a great tutorial on paper piecing HERE.

I cut the feet off the ducks so that it would look like they're swimming in the puddles but I don't think I got the perspective right on this! The paper is Daisy D's Cherry Tomato dots...this is the first time I've ever used that paper! NOT! FAVE FAVE FAVE paper! Hanna's hair has been fun-flocked brown.
I got the cute little umbrella charm at Krissy's ebay store HERE...she's got a ton of cute little metal charm embellishments that make a simple card into something special and fun! The charms are a really good quality weight..they are heavy and DOUBLE SIDED, so the etched pattern on the charm is the same on both sides. Tomorrow night I will for sure post my finished ginormous Christmas card sample, I'm putting the final finishing touches on it tonite & it will be ready for your approval tomorrow!
Happy Tuesday sweet friends! L.

4 comments:

Carol (HB) said...

YEAAAAAA! The banner looks FABULOUS!!! The only thing missing is little Mario running back and forth across it! lol
LOVE the Hanna card! Super Duper CUTE!!!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is fantastic, can't wait to see the set it is on my wish list.

Beth said...

LZ - this is so CUTE! Never thought of cuttin off the leggies of the ducks and sticking them in a puddle!

Bellawhoop said...

Love your new banner and your story about the mushroom. It's very pretty (as far as shrooms go). :) And what a darling card! I love your style and all of your cards and crafts. You are so creative!