Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Say cheese.


Ok, "Say cheese" has nothing to do with this post, it just seemed appropriate after I just ate a 1/4 of a brick of swiss cheese for dinner tonite. I had one of those days that just smacks you out of nowhere and stresses you out. Friend Lana had one of those days too, however she got on a treadmill and worked through it. I, on the other hand, ate my weight in swiss cheese. I'm hot.



So here is my finished card for the HR dept. at work. I think the final tweaks they asked for made all the difference...the larger image fills up the card better, and adding color to the music notes helps a bit too. (This is a ginormously sized card, measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2") Tonite I got into prep mode by shoveling off my stamping table and putting everything in order so I can work on creating 50 of this card this weekend. The biggest thing to remember when doing special card orders with large quantities, is to not use obsolete things that are not readily available. For instance.... the red rick-rack that I got on clearance 4 years ago at Michaels. Stay clear of it. I may end up substituting red velvet rick-rack, since it's all that is available to me in the stores right now. Also, red brads are hard to come by, when you need a package of 50. Make sure when you're quoting your card prices you are either a.) quoting supplies on actual cost & your labor separately, or b.) You have done all the research & know the exact price it costs you to create the card. Also, it helps to know where you can purchase the supplies locally without having to special order things from the internet & wait for them to arrive 5-7 days later. Sometimes requests come through for extras or you run out of supplies or screw something up & need more. Not that I've done this. Ok, yeah I've done that.
Tomorrow night: Another rainy Hanna sample.
Stamp set by Crafty Secrets: Vintage Christmas



3 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Great card! And I love your comment about the cheese ... you crack me up. (I read your blog all the time, although I seldom take time to comment - thanks for being an inspiration to the artist in me and thanks for sharing your great sense of humor too!)

Michele Kovack said...

You are a cheese girl? Me too! My mom has osteoporosis and I always tease that I will never get it because of the amount of cheese I eat! Love the tips for mass producing cards....

shulsart said...

Who makes the music stamp, that is a great size?